Stylish new-build UK homes for sale – in picturesRead More
Whether you're just visiting or looking to move to the area, here's a guide to the best spots in St. John's Wood
St. John’s Wood is a charming residential area in northwest London, known for its beautiful Victorian and Edwardian architecture and proximity to Regent’s Park. It’s also home to various great restaurants, bars and shops. Whether you’re just visiting or looking to move to the area, here’s a guide to the best spots in St. John’s Wood.
1. The Ivy – This upscale eatery is a must-visit for its sophisticated atmosphere and delicious modern European cuisine. The Ivy is also known for its celebrity clientele, so keep your eyes peeled!
2. Soutine – The restaurant has a stylish and elegant interior, with vintage French posters and chandeliers, and the atmosphere is lively and convivial. Whether you are looking for a romantic night out or a fun dinner with friends, Soutine is definitely worth a visit.
3. Cinder – This contemporary restaurant offers globally inspired dishes featuring grilled and smoked dishes. Its chic décor makes it a popular choice for both casual and special occasions.
4. Maido – Associated with exceptional quality, having supplied sushi London’s top Michelin-starred restaurants, this flagship location offers fine dining in a casual setting and food-to-go concepts aiming to make premium, authentic Japanese-inspired cuisine accessible to all in a modern and relaxed atmosphere.
5. AT Feast – This family-friendly culinary hub promotes healthy eating habits and sustainable all-day dining offering a cookery school, ethical shop, and cocktail bar. Their menu features nutritious seasonal dishes, locally sourced light bites, and deli offerings.
1. The Duke of York – This classic English pub has been serving pints since the 1820s. Its cosy interior and friendly staff make it the perfect spot for a casual night out.
2. The Lord’s Tavern – Located near the famous Lord’s Cricket Ground, this sports bar is a popular spot for cricket fans and offers a great selection of beers and pub fare.
3. Crocker’s Folly – This historic pub is known for its stunning architecture and interior design, featuring elaborate carvings and stained-glass windows. They offer a wide selection of beers, cocktails, and classic British pub food.
4. The Ordnance – This trendy gastropub offers a great selection of craft beers and cocktails, as well as delicious pub fares like burgers and fish and chips.
1. Laurents Deli – This French and Italian delicatessen and café is a family-run business that prides itself in bringing you the finest seasonal produce, offering a selection of gourmet foods.
2. Panzer’s Delicatessen – Since 1944, Panzer’s has curated and created delicious epicurean treats for cooking, eating, and entertaining while also providing excellent shopping and a coffee bar experience. Their team of food experts source products from over 80 countries, from Italian producers to New Zealand’s Manuka honey suppliers.
3. Bruno – Focusing on Italian-designed menswear made with the finest yarns available, customers choose Bruno for quality and fit rather than labels. The store has its own tailor on-site to ensure the clothing is adaptable to suit its clientele to ensure it looks as good as it feels.
4. Square One – With two branches located on St. John’s Wood High Street, this fashion retail store offers a wide range of contemporary casual wear options perfect for the young and fashion-forward crowd.
5. Tara Jarmon – This brand is known for its modern and feminine collection with playful colours, prints, and architectural shapes. Their exclusive prints are made in-house and first assembled in calico using an artisanal approach.
6. Unico Gelato and Caffe – This artisanal gelato shop offers authentic Italian gelato, cookies, custom cakes, milkshakes and more made with the highest quality products.
7. Kent & Sons – With a legacy dating back to 1919, this traditional family-run butcher shop believes in supplying the finest British produce and beyond, insisting on the best only when available.
Overall, St. John’s Wood is an excellent destination for anyone looking for great food, drinks, and shopping in a beautiful and historic neighbourhood. Whether you’re in the mood for traditional English pub fare or cutting-edge Japanese cuisine, there’s something for everyone in St. John’s Wood.